Thursday, November 21, 2013

All alone...

My husband left at 5 this morning. I put him in the taxi and after hugs kisses and near tears sent him off. It's his first time without me here so I left him with strict orders to not leave the airport (he has a layover in Mexico City) and to take care of himself (and the dog who was in doggie day care for first time and for ten days!) up til now, she's been my baby, hoping to be lucky enough to introduce her to a real one. Husband gave me the shot before he left and it was not so bad! Everyone's advice from the different forum sites helped a lot!

We had no heat pad or ice but I had the nurse spend 20 minutes with us yesterday showing him how. She said to really rub capsule in fingers first to warm the oil (PIO--progesterone in oil) and make sure it's fluid, then pinch and twist butt skin chunk (she demonstrated for husband on me) so I think the demo helped a lot. Sunday is only day they are closed so he had to do it, but I'll go in and have the nurse do it Monday and on transfer day. Yes, I transfer Tuesday and leave Thursday so two nights post transfer by myself.

We will likely transfer 4. I asked and they said, really no worry on triplets. On day 3, transferring 3 yields a 30% chance of twins, 10% of triplets and they have never had quad and they routinely do 4. They let me choose day 3 or 5, I chose day 3 mainly on convenience as for day 5 I'd have had to change plane and miss an interview for a job I'd like but not getting hopes up as interview is evening of day I return.

Transferring two on day 5 has higher odds of pregnancy and twins so I'm feeling twisted on my decision and was adamant I want some to freeze. From here it's out of my hands. The one hiccup could be that the embryologist traditionally does the transfer and he is a he and a big part of me choosing Dra. Mayra was that she's a she. So I asked if she could do transfer and they are checking on that. Hoping my squeamishness--on doctor and day--doesn't screw this up.

It's raining, which is weird for here (not weird, it rains a bit most days but for a short time and it's been raining two hours now). Hope it lets up soon as I was hoping to sit by beach and walk around to find gift for neighbor watching our cats. Regardless, I know it will stop soon and meanwhile I have this and a good book! Have been thinking of comments on ethnicity on sites and why so many choose Czech for overseas treatment and, well, I'm boggled by ignorance. For me, many choices in Mexico were too white Euro for me--based on childhood and adult photos and background. There are Polish and German donors--many are from there living here. In Czech, with no photo, you don't know, there are other ethnicities there. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment